Friday, August 1, 2008

2 Week Well Check

Caleb is 2 weeks old today! We took him to the dr. for his well check & he is now 8 lbs 6 oz. That means he gained 13 oz in 12 days (he had dropped to 7 lbs 9 oz the Monday after he was born). My pediatrician said that you normally want babies to gain 1/2 to 1 oz per day. Since he's gained 13 oz in 12 days, that means he's gained a little more than an oz a day. I knew he was a little piggie! That boy loves his lunch!! I took Samantha with me to the pediatrician & left Nash with my mom. I knew they were going to do his 2nd pku test & didn't want Nash to freak out when they stuck him. Samantha was really good help at the dr.'s office though. And, much to my amazement, Nash has been an awesome helper at home. He loves to give Caleb his bottle & at the first little whimper Nash is grabbing a binki or a bottle & running to the rescue. It's so much fun to watch. I think those 2 boys will be inseparable when Caleb gets a little bigger!

No comments: