Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

So about a week ago I said that a student of mine had inspired me to institute thankful Thursday. So, here goes my first attempt!

1-I am thankful for my mother. Never in a million years did I think I'd say that one out loud! But, I know that I wouldn't be where & who I am without her. And thank goodness she's close enough to watch my kids now that I'm a virtual single mom!

2-I am thankful for Travis. We've been married for almost 10 years now. WOW. Sometimes it's hard to remember what life was like before we were married! I know that without him my life would have taken a completely different path (and not such a great one either). He is my inspiration and my rock.

3-I am thankful for my children. They are my reason to get out of bed everyday. Even when we make 14 trips to instacare a week! I can't imagine my life without any one of them & I wouldn't trade them (or all their dr. visits) for anything in this world. They make me want to be a better person.

4-I am thankful for my job & the kids I get to work with every single day. I realize that my job takes a ton of my time away from my kids. However, I also realize that even though I'm not with my kids as much as I'd like to be, I am helping to provide for them & I'm working with another mother's child. I have the chance to help multiple children grow and reach their unlimited potential. I get to be reminded of what it's like to see things from a kid's perspective & I get the chance to learn from these fabulous children every single day!

No comments: