Seasoned Pork Ribs
From Fix It & Forget It Big Cookbook
Makes 2-3 servings
Prep time 5-10 minute
Cooking time 4 hours
Ideal slow cooker size 4-5 qt
3 lbs pork shoulder ribs, cut in serving size pieces I used about 2.3 lbs country style ribs
2 tsp chipotle seasoning spice I used Southwestern Seasoning from Pampered Chef
1 tsp coarse black pepper, optional
1 TBSP prepared horseradish I used horseradish sauce
1/4 c. ketchup
1/4 c. apricot jelly
1. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
2. Season pork with chipotle seasonings and then place in hot skillet, browning each piece on top and bottom. Do in batches so all the pieces brown well. I also browned the sides of the ribs.
3. As you finish browning ribs, place them in the slow cooker.
4. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
5. Meanwhile, mix together pepper if you wish, horseradish, ketchup, and apricot jelly in a bowl. Spread over cooked pork.
6. Cover and cook on high 1 hour, or until the meat is tender.
These were really good. The kids even ate them!