Sunday, January 22, 2012

Crock Pot Recipe Day 13

Ok.  I decided I need to explain why today is only day 13 despite being January 22nd.  With Travis being gone most of the time I end up with a lot of left overs (especially if the kids don't like what I've made).  So, we've eaten left overs on more than one occasion.  Also, we have eaten at Travis's parents house once or twice.  Only once have I ordered pizza (Sam was having a sleepover over here)!  I haven't had any recipes turn out bad enough that we had to scrap it and start over (shocker).

Ham-Broccoli Casserole
From Fix It & Forget It Big Cookbook
Page 451
Makes 4 servings
Prep time 20 minutes
Cooking time 4-5 hours
Ideal slow cooker size 4-5 qt

16 oz pkg frozen broccoli cuts, thawed & drained I used a 14 oz bag and I didn't thaw or drain it.
2-3 cups cubed, cooked ham  I had about 2 1/2 cups.  I used the left over ham from when I made Ham in Foil.
10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup I used cream of chicken
4 oz of your favorite mild cheese, cubed I used mild cheddar & I grated it, not cubed it
1 cup milk
1 cup instant rice, uncooked
1 rib celery, chopped I just used celery salt because no one here likes celery
1 small onion, chopped I used about 3/4 cup white onion


1. combine broccoli and ham in slow cooker.
2. Combine soup, cheese, milk, rice, celery, and onion.  Stir into broccoli.  My cheese grater was in the dishwasher so I didn't add the cheese until it had been cooking for about an hour.
3. Cover.  Cook on low 4-5 hours.

No comments: