From Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two
Cooker 1 1/2 - 3 qt
Setting & Cook Time High 3-4 hours
2 tsp olive oil I didn't use this
Two 1 inch thick boneless center cut pork chops I did 8 chops
2/3 cup chunky tomato salsa, fresh or jarred I used an entire qt
1 TBSP freshly squeezed lime juice I used 3 small limes
1 TBSP freshly squeezed orange juice I used 1 medium orange
Squeeze of fresh grapefruit I used 1/2 of a grapefruit
1. In a heavy skillet over high heat, heat the olive oil and quickly sear and brown the pork chops on both sides. Place the pork chops in the slow cooker. I don't use the olive oil because I use a non stick pan. I seared the pork chops until I couldn't see any pink on either side. I could still see pink on the edges of the chops, but not the top or bottom.
2. In a small bowl, combine the salsa and juices, and pour over the pork. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, until the meat is tender. Serve immediately.
These turned out spicier than I had anticipated. Not so spicy that we couldn't eat it, just spicy enough that the kids were a bit hesitant. I did use homemade salsa too so you could possibly control the spice by which kind of salsa you use. My husband didn't like the pork chops because they had a sweet taste to them. I could taste the grapefruit stronger than I thought I would. I would only use 1/4 of a grapefruit if I did it in this quantity again.
Barbecue Beef on Rolls
From Fix It & Forget It Big Cookbook
Makes 12 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 6.5-8.5 hours
Ideal slow cooker size: 4 qt
3 lb boneless chuck roast
1 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1/2 cup chopped green peppers
1 small onion, chopped I used 1/2 cup white onion
1 TBSP Dijon mustard I used a Honey Dijon mustard
2 tsp. brown sugar
1. Cut roast into quarters. Place in greased slow cooker. I didn't grease my crock pot. I also didn't cut my roast into quarters because there were bones in the way.
2. Combine barbecue sauce, preserves, green peppers, onion, mustard, and brown sugar. Pour over roast.
3. Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours. Remove roast and slice thinly. Return to slow cooker. Stir gently.
4. Cover. Cook 20-30 minutes.
5. Serve beef and sauce on rolls.