Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Act of Kindness #5

I've decided it may take us a month to reach all 26 acts of kindness, but that's ok, we'll get it done eventually!

Tonight Travis left home to head back to work.  He left at about 8 pm.  Around 9:45 pm I got a phone call from him.  As I answered the phone I wondered what he could have possibly left behind.

Turns out, he had just reached Bear Lake.  As he was coming through the canyon, he came upon an over turned car.  He said he felt like he just couldn't pass the three girls that were sitting there and not help them.  He pulled over and went over to them.  I guess there was a guy in a semi there too.  Travis asked him if he was ok & if someone had headed down to call 911.  The guy just shook his head yes.  Travis said the guy didn't say a single word the entire time he was there.  Travis said he never did find out exactly what happened but all 3 of the girls that had been in that car were completely shaken up.  He told them they could sit in his truck while they waited for the ambulance and cops to show up.

I can't imagine how scared those girls were!  He said they were in their early 20's or so.  I know that I'd have been terrified if that was me!  Travis said he told them they were all lucky none of them were hurt.  They must have all had a seat belt on is all I can figure.  That, or they have something incredibly important left to do here.

I'm glad the girls were ok and that no one was seriously injured.  I'm also glad Travis happened to go through right then.  If nothing else it gave them a warm spot to sit while they waited for the emergency personnel to show up.  Good job Travis! :)

No comments: