Monday, June 23, 2008

Now I understand!



Here is my picture at 35 weeks...depressing to look at but then I realize I'm 35 weeks so I'm totally on the downside of things!
I titled this post "Now I understand" because the other day while I was at the store with a girlfriend, one of the women working in the store had walked past us once & on her way back stopped & said to me, "Oh honey! How much longer do you have left?" To which I replied, "5 weeks". This kind woman then tells me, "Oh sweetheart, my daughter isn't due for 5 weeks & she isn't nearly as big as you are!" I realize that this woman didn't mean that the way it sounds. So, with a smile on my face, I kindly told her, "Well, I have really big babies. My last one was 9 lbs 4 oz & he was early."
It's a good thing I have a sense of humor about how humongous I am! Many people have been kind enough to tell me, "I don't think you look that big." It's ok folks, I know I'm huge - I've outgrown my maternity clothes!!

No comments: