Monday, September 15, 2008

We're still alive....kinda

So, now that we're 3 weeks into the school year I've got my first sickness. Dr. said I have strep. Isn't that just fabulous? I took the kids to get new pix done on Sat. & then came home & slept most of the rest of the day. I didn't even get out of bed Sunday & then I drove an hr to work this morning just to stay for 30 min (long enough to find a sub). Tomorrow I'm only working until lunch. I wouldn't even go except it's picture day & I kinda have to be in the class picture!

Caleb has his 2 month dr. appointment this Friday. I can't believe he's already 2 months old! It's insane how much he looks like Nash. Since I have 2 jewelry shows I'm doing on Sat. I'll have to post pictures on Sunday.

Travis & his dad & our brother in law worked all day Saturday & Sunday in our backyard. We got our grass planted in the whole backyard & up both sides of the house. Yay!! Now if we can just manage to find time to water it so it will actually grow, we'll be doing good!

Travis leaves to go Elk hunting on Sat. the 20th & won't come home until Oct. 2nd. That's going to be a fabulous challenge of my mothering abilities! Guess we'll see if we can survive or not! Should be interesting, not to mention a learning experience! I don't think my house could look any more like hurricane Ike has hit!! I'm just glad we have Samantha in Boys & Girls club to go to after school is over so I don't have to be home right at 4 (I'm not even supposed to leave work until 4)!

Anyway, we are surviving & I'm sorry I don't post as often! I promise I'll update things Sunday!

3 comments:

Justin & Ashlee said...

Hang in there...I hope you're feeling better soon.

Tannie Datwyler said...

I'm sorry you are having so much stress!! Hopefully things calm down. I always got into the swing of things after a while - I'm sure you are the same way.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Thanks for the advice on the Eczema!! I had no idea you had it. Our doctor is hopeful that she will grow out of it. She asked if either Richard or I had asthma when we were little. I told her that I did, but grew out of it. She said that Claire should grow out of the eczema eventually too. I guess the genes are related - WIERD huh?