Saturday, May 25, 2013

Mountain Man Rendezvous 2013

We kicked off some summer fun today.  I got up early & made a quick trip to JoAnn's Fabric to get some items that I needed to finish the Mother's Day gift for my Mother in law that I haven't exactly started yet (oops).  When I got home I got a cake and a batch of cupcakes made for an order.  Travis decided we were going to go to the Mountain Man Rendezvous.  Little did I know he had invited his brother & sister's family to come along.  The kids were thrilled and I was doubtful my caking would be done in time for pick up.
Caleb insisted on wearing his chaps and cowboy hat and cowboy boots and taking his play pistol.  Everyone that saw him that he was pretty cute.  We ended up letting him get a double barrel shot gun (a wooden play one).  The guy we bought it from burned his initials into the gun with a magnifying glass.  Caleb tried to tell the guy he only spelled half his name because he only put CB on the gun stock.  The kids sure liked playing on this giant pile of rocks.

Brooke & Olivia are pretty cute together these days.  Olivia talks so much more and so much better than Brooke.  I'm sure it has to do with the fact that Sam, Nash & Caleb were talking for Brookelyn until I got after them.  Brooke looks bigger/older but when you talk to them you'd think Olivia was much older.  You'd never guess they are only three days apart!


We had to have a family picture while we were up there.  Trying to get four kids to look in the same direction at the same time AND smile...yea, I pretty much have given up on that idea!

This one is the best shot & it's my favorite one of Caleb.  He's all cowboy all the way! :)


You will notice in my hand I'm holding some dolls.  I found the cutest dolls for Brookelyn!  They are called Honey Button Dolls.  You can find them at their website here: http://www.honeybuttons.org .  I know that I could make these dolls - they aren't that difficult to do.  But I love the story behind them.  Every doll that is purchased, the money goes into making more dolls that are then donated to charities/kids in need.  The owner told me they just did a big donation to Primary Children's Hospital.  The dolls aren't super cheap ($25 each or 2/$40) but they are adorable.  I got her two dolls - 1 boy & 1 girl - that are twins (their tops are matching fabric).  Brookelyn loves them and I love that I get to help other kids by buying something for mine.  Go check out their website - I bet you'll love them as much as Brooke & I do!  

When we got home from the Rendezvous Travis invited his brother's family & his sister's family to stay for a bbq.  I had to finish "caking" so the order was ready to pick up by seven.  I made it with about 15 minutes to spare.  No pictures of the cake this time because it was Hello Kitty cake with Hello Kitty cupcakes again.  The bbq was fun and the kids had a great time playing together.  Kash's birthday is Monday and the kids are anxiously awaiting the day so they can go to the jumpzone and play!  Should be interesting.  I'm just hoping no one breaks a limb...because that would be just our luck!

1 comment:

Cass Bradshaw said...

We went to the rendezvous too :) Sounds like you guys had fun. I saw those button dolls- they were super cute but I couldn't believe the were $25!