Saturday, August 30, 2014

First day of school 2014!

When did she turn into an 11 1/2 yr old sixth grader?!  I did not say that was ok!  She has to wake up between 5:30-6 am so she can be out the door by 6:30 to catch the bus.  I was really worried about that because sister is NOT a morning person.  Lucky for her she has mostly gotten herself up (thank you dad's old alarm clock in her room) and gotten herself ready.  I get up at 6 to be sure she's up but usually only end up talking to her for a few minutes before going back to bed for a bit.  She's gotten her locker down (I think...well mostly anyway) and is enjoying each class.  I think she really likes that there are lots of new kids to get to meet.

When, how and why she became OBSESSED with Batman I'm not really sure...but, she is.

Fourth grade?!  What?  Weren't you just in Kindergarten?  This year Nash has Mr. Curtis (all the fourth grade teachers at his school are men) and seems to be enjoying it.  He's gotten the year off to a great start by being organized and responsible (thank you for beginning 7 Habits with my children Canyon Elementary).  Nash is ready to begin his AR tests because he has about 5 books he's read over the summer to test on (unfortunately there are only tests for two of those books - boo).  He has set himself some awesome goals and the best part is is that he's excited about them!  Wahoo!  Here's to hoping Nash LOVES fourth grade.

School all day?  Finally?  First grade is great for mom!  Caleb is in first grade this year and has Mrs. Olsen (who just happens to be who Nash had in first grade and we love her dearly).  Caleb seems to be enjoying school so far.  He hasn't said too much to me about it.  When I ask "What did you do at school today?" I generally get "Um..I don't know."  Yep, he's still in "Caleb-land."

Love how handsome these two are!

And this sassy little super star qualified for speech this spring when I took her to the district preschool screenings.  She's super excited about the fact that she gets to go to her brothers' school 2 times a week for preschool!  It's only 30 minutes each time but she doesn't care.  She's on top of the world!

Preschool starts on Tuesday for me.  I had my open house yesterday and today.  Had all but about 4 (out of 20 kids) show up so not too bad.  Most of my four year olds were here last year so that will make it nice.  Four of the eight in the three year old class are related! (Sunny, Brooke, Braxton & Lincoln)  We're going to have lots of fun & I'm glad Travis will be around for 2 weeks instead of one so he can go on all our field trips!  But he's thrilled about that idea!  I told him on the phone tonight I just realized I scheduled our trip to the fire station the next time he's home so they can put all the gear on him again!  Good thing he's such a good sport!

A few days into school I left a note out for Sam.  You can see her response in pen on the right side.  Made me smile all day long.

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

It's amazing how fast they grow, right? All your kids are so grown up. 6:30 is SO EARLY!!! Poor girl...