Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Trip to Labor & Delivery #2
Yesterday I made it to Sam's 1st piano recital (video to come later). Around 5:30 I started timing my contractions because they were feeling closer than they have yet. They were anywhere from 10-20 min. apart. I decided around 10 to get in the tub to see if they'd quit. Once I got out of the tub, they actually got worse. They increased to every 3-5 min. I kept texting Trav to try and talk to him. I didn't want to go back to Labor and Deliver without talking to him first. Finally about 11 I was in tears and told Sam to "call grandma". So, about 11:30 my parents came up. My dad stayed with the kids and my mom took me back into Labor and Delivery. They hooked me up to the monitors and checked me. They said I was 50% (40% last time) and a 1+. I was happy to hear I had made progress. My dr. was the one on call too. They decided to give me a shot to try and stop or slow down the contractions. That was a burning sensation I wasn't anticipating. After the shot, the contractions slowed down, but didn't stop. They checked me again before I left and decided that although I was 50%, I was really only a 1, not a 1+. Wasn't happy about hearing that. We finally left around 2 am. They sent me home with 2 Lortab and more ambien. They also called in a prescription for the Lortab and the ambien for me so I can "self medicate until the end". When I went to the dr. yesterday and he told me, "This just might be one of those pregnancies where you're in and out of Labor and Delivery a bunch of times before she decides to come for real." I didn't really take that comment seriously.....until last night. On the bright side, after I talked to Trav at 11 pm, he had his boss called and he got a ride out of Pine Dale at midnight and was home around 5 am. What a way to start his week off huh?
Posted by Anonymous at 10:55 AM