Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pink Eye.....SERIOUSLY?!

Last night I noticed Caleb had goopy eyes and they were a bit red/pink.  I was hoping perhaps it was just an allergy thing but figured in the back of my mind that it was likely pink eye.  I texted his preschool teacher to let her know she had probably better lysol everything in the preschool.

This morning when I woke Caleb up not only were his eyes completely boogered shut, they were very swollen as well.  I got him upstairs and his eyes cleaned out so that he could open them.  Travis took one look at him and told me I'd better not wait to take him to the dr.

I took Caleb and Brookelyn and headed to InstaCare.  Travis took Nash and Sam out ice fishing - they've never been.  I was at InstaCare for about an hour and a half.  The dr. said he feels like it's pink eye.  The only concern he had was that his eyes were fairly swollen and the red around them extended quite a ways out.  He gave me the pink eye eye drops and told me that if he gets a fever, chills or his eyes don't get better to bring him back and they'd put him on an oral antibiotic.  In the back of my mind I'm thinking "Give me the rx for the oral antibiotics now.  I don't have the time, energy, patience or money to come back here in a few days!"

We went and picked up his eye drop prescription.  It says to do one drop in each eye every four to six hours every day for seven days.  That should be fun.  On the bright side, he should be ok to go to daycare and preschool on Monday.  Good thing because I'm pretty sure I've used up all my "sick days" and then some!

No comments: